Overview of Use of Services and Information Collected
For each visitor to or user of Bill Miller’s Services, Bill Miller’s Web server automatically recognizes and stores computer-readable information, such as the visitor’s IP address and domain name combination. This is typically anonymous information automatically provided by your computer. Bill Miller uses this information to follow visitor traffic patterns through the Services to improve user experience. If your Internet browser employs blocking or “Do Not Track” technology that limits recognition or the collection of such computer-readable information, Bill Miller will not alter or bypass such technology. Bill Miller does not provide access to third parties to track your personal information through your use of the Services.
When you visit or use the Services, Bill Miller may use “cookies” to store certain information on your computer that allows us to customize your visit to Bill Miller’s Services or to simply facilitate signing into the Services. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but your browser settings can be adjusted to erase or block cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
In order to provide some of our services to you, including on-line purchases or comment entries, Bill Miller may ask for some of your personal information, including your email address, name, mailing address, telephone number, or persistent identifier (such as a customer number held in a cookie). You should provide such personal information accurately, so we can communicate with you, perform services for you, or process your requests relating to any of your information that we have.
If you need to inform us about any changes to your personal information, or any changes you wish to make to Bill Miller’s retention of your information, you can contact us through the “Contact Us” page at billmillerbbq.com or by using the contact information below.
Information Collected by Bill Miller
- Identifiers: names, signatures, aliases, postal addresses, telephone numbers, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses, e-mail addresses, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, employment history, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, debit card numbers, medical information, health insurance information, or other similar identifiers
- Information protected against security breaches: names, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, debit card numbers
- Protected legal characteristics: race, gender
- Commercial information: product shipment addresses, purchase histories
- Internet activity: information on customers’ interactions with the Services, interaction with social media sites maintained by Bill Miller
- Audio information
- Employment information: employment history within or outside Bill Miller
- Educational information from education history
- Geolocation data
- Inferences about personal preferences: use of or visits to the Services; product purchases and reviews
Please note that different jurisdictions may have varying definitions for personal information. You should check with local resources to determine how personal information is defined where you reside.
Sources of Information Collected by Bill Miller
Bill Miller may collect personal information through these sources:
- Customers providing information directly to Bill Miller, such as through Bill Miller’s “Contact Us” page, calls or e-mail made to our Customer Service department, or calls or e-mail to other Bill Miller departments
- Customers using the Services
- Employment applications
- Points of purchase for Bill Miller’s products and services
- Social media sites maintained by Bill Miller
- On-line purchases or donations
- Vendor data used to provide services to Bill Miller
- Information provided at Bill Miller events or locations
- Information provided to obtain Bill Miller food services
- Geographic data and preferences from use of mobile applications
Use of Information
When Bill Miller receives your personal information, we may use your information or disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances:
- you request or authorize it
- to satisfy a reason or request for which you provided the information
- to complete a transaction, donation, purchase, or payment
- to prevent fraud
- to respond to communications from you
- to process employment applications or employment history inquiries
- to help you locate Bill Miller Bar-B-Q or Bill Miller’s Laguna Madre Seafood restaurant locations
- to provide, personalize, develop, and support the Services and other services provided by Bill Miller
- to perform research on consumer preferences and habits
- to comply with laws, regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas, and legal investigations
- to protect the rights, property, safety, and security of Bill Miller, you, and others
- to allow our agents, outside vendors, or service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as order processing, merchandise shipments, and application processing
We may also gather aggregated data about you and disclose such aggregated data, without any personally identifiable information, to third parties for research purposes.
Purposes for Transactions of Personal Information
- Identifiers: personal identifiers, online identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses
- Internet activity: information on customers’ interactions with the Services and social media sites maintained by Bill Miller
- Geolocation data
- Security: protecting against fraud and malicious activity
- Related personal information: credit card numbers, debit card numbers, bank account information, names
- Short-term use: contextual ad customization that does not involve or contribute to profiling
- Related personal information: IP addresses, geolocation data, social media identifiers
- Performing services: customer service; processing transactions; marketing
- Related personal information: name, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, addresses, credit card numbers, debit card numbers, bank account information, geolocation data, purchase histories
- Internal research to develop or demonstrate technology
- Related personal information: geolocation data, social media identifiers, IP addresses, product purchases and reviews, unique personal identifiers
- Testing or improving the Services or other products and services provided by Bill Miller
- Related personal information: geolocation data, social media identifiers, IP addresses, e-mail addresses, voicemail, product purchases and reviews, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers
- Processing job applications and providing employment opportunities
- Related personal information: names, signatures, aliases, postal addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, employment history, race, gender, education history
Bill Miller only shares this personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill these business purposes. We require such third parties to maintain security measures to ensure privacy and security for personal information.
Credit Card Purchases
Bill Miller may ask you to provide a credit card number in order to purchase a product. Credit card transactions are processed by a third-party professional payment authorization service selected by Bill Miller to provide added security and reliability. Only the purchase price and the credit card information provided by you are supplied to this third party service. Information collected during credit card transactions is maintained in the service’s database for accounting and billing purposes and is not released to other third parties. Bill Miller does not maintain a copy of your credit card information on its servers and will not use your credit card information for any purpose other than processing your order.
Privacy Rights for California Residents
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) regarding your personal information. These include:
- the right to request Bill Miller to disclose what personal information is collected and how it is used;
- the right to request Bill Miller to disclose how it sells your personal information;
- the right of non-discrimination if you make a request about your personal information; and
- the right to opt out of having your personal information sold
You can submit requests about your information to the following:
Bill Miller Bar B Q Enterprises, Ltd
PO Box 839925
San Antonio, TX 78283-3925
You may only make two requests over a 12-month period. Bill Miller will respond to your request within 45 days of receiving your request and will provide information from the 12-month period prior to your request.
There are some exceptions to these requests. For example, Bill Miller can keep your personal information for certain business purposes, such as processing payments for merchandise you order or undertaking internal research for our technological developments.
Additionally, the CCPA provides for certain exemptions, such that requests under the CCPA cannot prevent Bill Miller’s ability to:
- comply with federal, state, or local laws;
- comply with certain requests by legal authorities;
- cooperate with enforcement agencies;
- exercise or defend legal claims;
- collect, use, retain, sell, or disclose consumer information that is deidentified or aggregate consumer information;
- collect or sell personal information if all aspects of such transactions occur wholly outside California; or
- preserve evidentiary privileges
In some instances, Bill Miller may refuse to respond to such a request based on an exemption, a legal requirement, or other business or legal policy. Bill Miller will inform you as to the basis for refusing any such request.
Bill Miller takes great care in maintaining the security of your personal information and in preventing its unauthorized access by employing appropriate technology and internal procedures. When we transmit sensitive personal information through our Services, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. However, Bill Miller does not guarantee that unauthorized access is completely preventable in every circumstance, as no method of electronically storing or transmitting data is completely secure. It is highly recommended that you monitor your credit card activity and use of your personal information on a regular basis.
Notice Regarding Minors
Bill Miller does not intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under age 18 (or under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence) without permission from a parent or guardian. Bill Miller strongly encourages all parents to supervise their children’s on-line activities and regularly monitor their children’s use of the Internet, including use of Bill Miller’s Services. Parents should consider using parental control tools and other services to assist them in supervising their children’s on-line use or on-line disclosure of their name, address or other personal information without parental consent.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Aggregated Information
Bill Miller may collect, aggregate, and maintain anonymous information about our Services’ users, such as interests, purchasing habits, and the like. Bill Miller may use this information for tailoring content and advertising to deliver a better experience for our users. Bill Miller may also share such aggregate information about the Services’ users with business partners and other third parties for the purposes described above.
Revocations of Policy and Questions
Bill Miller Bar B Q Enterprises, Ltd
PO Box 839925
San Antonio, TX 78283-3925